Thursday, September 18, 2008

DVD Design

I decided to try a different style of designing on the CD. My friend told me about lightscribe's where the design is lasered onto the special lightscribe CD/DVD's, it sounded very interesting so I decided to give it a go.

1. This was my first rough mockup design. Light scribe only burns greytones so I went on to brainstorm a few more ideas.

2. I came up with this design, but I felt it was too empty and lacking in design potential.

3. I then added some evil eyes into the black ring area, and placed a few more arms and tentacles everywhere.

4. In my final version here below, I added some abstract lines and strokes in the back to give it depth. After taking out all the colours to make it greyscale i then added my name and other details.

Finito! :)

No comments: